- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup CreamCocoa's unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 4 ½ cups whole milk
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together sugar, CreamCocoa's cocoa powder, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt. Ensure there are no lumps in the cocoa powder and cornstarch.
Add Milk: Gradually pour in the whole milk while whisking the mixture continuously. Stir until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
Heat on Stove: Place the saucepan on medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture constantly to avoid sticking and to get a smooth texture. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
Thicken the Pudding: The mixture will start to thicken as it heats up. Keep stirring gently to prevent lumps. Once it reaches your desired thickness, remove from heat.
Add Butter: Mix in 3-4 tablespoons of unsalted butter until fully melted and well incorporated.
Stir in Vanilla: Turn off the heat and stir in the pure vanilla extract for enhanced flavor.
Serve and Chill: Pour the hot pudding into individual serving dishes or a large bowl. To avoid a skin from forming, lightly press plastic wrap onto the surface. Allow it to cool slightly at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- For a creamier texture, replace half a cup of whole milk with half-and-half or heavy cream.
- For a richer flavor, use dark cocoa powder instead of regular unsweetened cocoa.
- Top with whipped cream or a sprinkle of cocoa powder before serving.
- Add some texture by serving the pudding with crushed nuts or chocolate shavings on top.
Enjoy this easy and delicious authentic chocolate pudding! It's the perfect dessert to satisfy your chocolate cravings